Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dear Mother

Dear Mother,

I think I realized today that you really truly are gone and my heart is broken. Each time I think about you I smile and then I realize that our time on earth together has ended and I can't stop the tears from coming. I hold it together most days but alone with my thoughts at night I can't hold the tears back anymore. I know you are at peace and are watching over us but I can't fight the selfish part of me that wants you back. I want you to come back and see what Everett is doing this week and next week and the week after that. I want you to come back so we can spend just one more day together. I don't know how I will ever be able to think of you as just a memory. You were my second Mother. You taught me many things but most of all how to be patient and how to love everyone.
I miss you.

Love,
Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment