Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Get Your Vote On!

Hey all! There are only a few times where I will ask you, my wonderful readers to do something for me, and this is one of those times.  Tyler and I have some friends who are entered in a contest to win a $50,000 wedding!  They are in the top 5 of the contest and need votes in order to win. So if you have a minute please click HERE and vote for Kim and Cody.  You can vote as many times as you want! 

Here's a little bit about them... 

((**Brady bunch theme music plays**))

Here's the story, of a lovely ladyWho was working on her chem-is-try degreeAll the years of re-search, and no moneyShe was longing for a fam-il-y

Here's the story, of a man named Cody,Who was working on a degree of his own,He had four years, of making solar cells,Yet he was all alone.

Till the one day when the lady met this fellowAnd they knew it was much more than a hunch,That their chem-is-try would somehow form a familyAnd soon they will be-come the Cody Bunch!
The Cody Bunch!The Cody Bunch!
With MIX they will become the Cody Bunch!

((*End music*))

Kim and Cody's Story (as told by Kim) 

I just got engaged to the most amazing man in September 2012. I would love to win this dream wedding contest for us.  Our families would be overwhelmed with gratitude and joy if we won. We are unique pair of people who met in graduate school where we studied chemistry at Washington State University.  At the end of our first date, we had a goodnight kiss that will forever be magical….and this is where our story began.


Our first kiss was on my couch after watching the absolutely romantic show, Dexter.  I have to admit, I made the first move. I had known Cody for two years prior to our first date, and at the end of April 2013 we have been together for four years.  I always thought he was cute and shy.  I remember on several occasions driving him home after a long day in the lab. We would talk for hours in the car, then he would suddenly jump out and walk inside his place, without a kiss or hug goodnight.  This happened for about 6 months before our first kiss.  Finally, I thought I would attempt to make a move with a little liquid courage on my side.  I invited him over for dinner and made sure to sit really close to him, really get inside his personal bubble space that he had tried so hard to maintain.  I ended up so close to him that he said, “Kim you are a bit close.” I said “oh ok” and when I tried to move away, he went in for the money shot and finally kissed me.  Ever since that very moment, I knew that was it. I was his and he was mine.

We moved to Virginia in 2010 and have loved living here. We have two dachshunds that are practically our kids and not only do I have a PhD in Analytical Chemistry, I also make designer dog clothing. Dressed up in their wedding apparel, my little dachshunds would make excellent ring bearer and flower girl.  We are excited to become a family and would love to win the most amazing wedding ever!


1 comment: