Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mouth Watering Wednesday: Quinoa Meatloaf

Welcome to Mouth Watering Wednesday! Spice up your life and try a new recipe!  This week I am sharing a recipe that I got from my friend Vivid over at Things We Create and tweaked a little bit. We just had this last night and it was really good!  It is definitely going to be added to our list of regular meals! 


Source
Here's what you'll need: 

  • 1+lb of ground beef (turkey/chicken/whatever you like)
  • 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbs ketchup
  • 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce 
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (or ranch dip)
  • 1 small zucchini 
  • 1 small onion 
  • Italian seasonings (to taste)
Here's what you'll do: 
  • First start by prepping your veggies.  I used my food processor and pulsed the onion and the zucchini.
  • Now, use a large bowl and combine the veggies and the remaining ingredients.  You really want to make sure that the egg and sour cream get mixed in thoroughly as they are the "binders" in this dish.
  • Finally, place mixture into a baking dish and bake at 400 for 45 minutes. 
Enjoy!! 

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this, I love quinoa and my hubs loves meatloaf! (Of course..) :)

    ReplyDelete