Friday, October 4, 2013

Love is an Amazing Thing

I post about Everett a lot, so here is a post that is dedicated to my little NoCurt... Notis... Nonnie... NoNo... Nolan Curtis. Sheesh, for a boy who we named so purposefully so that he wouldn't have a nickname he sure does have plenty of them! I love this boy.  I was so (so) so worried about how I would feel after this boy came into the world.  How could I possibly love another child as much as I already loved the one I had?  
Nolan has captivated my heart and I love spending time with him.  His little eye brows are so expressive that he can speak volumes just by moving them.  He has my forehead wrinkles, my mom's chin, and Tyler's skin tone.  I am secretly not so secretly hoping that Nolan's eyes turn brown.  Most people say he looks like me or my mom or my dad which is nice because Everett is practically a clone of Tyler. 
He is such a happy baby and will smile anytime you look at or talk to him.  He was even happy even when he was dealing with acid reflux- which seems to have subsided either because he has grown out of it or the addition of an amber necklace.  A few of our church friends have dubbed him "the baby that doesn't cry," which is pretty accurate except when he is hungry or over tired. He sleeps well and likes to cuddle with me at night but he is also fine sleeping in the co-sleeper right next to me. 


He is nursing like a little champ and is gaining weight pretty quickly which makes for super cute little big "chub chub" legs.  When he was first born he was content to nurse only when he was hungry but now he would enjoys nursing any and all the time (see "chub chub" legs in the sentence above) and I am perfectly okay with that. 


I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
Mother Teresa

I love Nolan so much it hurts! I love him just like I love Everett and I can't imagine how life was without him just like I can't imagine how life was before Everett was born. These boys have taken my heart and have shown me a love that I never knew existed. Until I had children, I would never have known how deep I could care about someone.



No comments:

Post a Comment