Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Nap Time Craft Time: Fall Bunting


Here's an easy Nap Time Craft Time project that can add a little spice to your autumnal home decor.  Being a fairly new home owner, I don't really have a plethora of decorations for the seasons yet.  I wanted something that would be easy to make but look cute as well and this is what I came up with! This is a very cost effective and easy project that even the most "craft challenged" person can do! 

Here's what you'll need

  • Felt of various fall colors
  • Ruler
  • Sharpie or marker
  • Scissors
  • Twine, ribbon, yarn, or string
  • Hot glue gun
  • Paper or card stock

Here's what you'll do

Trace and cut out a triangular shape on your paper or card stock to make the bunting template. You can make these as small or as large as you prefer.  I wanted to fit two triangles on each piece of felt so mine measured about 10" long. 

Now use your template to trace and cut out your desired amount of triangles from the felt. 
     Note: My bunting says "FALL" so I used four triangles, one for each letter. 

Now you will cut out the letters that you plan to use on your bunting.  I free-handed my letters but you can print templates out as well (try this site.) 

Next you will grab your hot glue gun and affix the letters to each individual triangle. 

Here is an example of what each triangle looked like once I had them cut out and the letters glued on. 

To attach the twine, you will need to cut two small holes in the upper edges of each triangle and then thread them (in the correct order) through your twine.  

 Now you are ready to hang it up and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment