Wednesday, January 22, 2014

FBP: Resolved (January)

This year I resolved to creating monthly goals rather than yearly resolutions in hopes that I will stick to them and create better habits.  This month's goal was to take some time each week to spend with just Everett.  Having an eight month at home who refuses to take the bottle except when he absolutely has to makes spending one-on-one time with Everett hard and it is often something that is neglected.  
For Christmas, Everett got a trampoline and he LOVES it! So for one of our "dates" we headed outside to the trampoline and got to bouncing.  I could instantly tell that Everett loved the personal attention that I was able to give him and that he was having a great time.  He loves to jump and bounce and had fun playing outside with me.  I like to incorporate learning into what we are doing so we tooks some time to listen to the sounds outside, talked about the trees in the backyard, and even counted the number of times he was bouncing.  
We have had some issues with Everett acting out in the past (see here and here) and I think that a lot of it has to do with us not giving him enough attention so I am hopeful that this monthly goal will be beneficial in helping us to reconnect with him.
So have any of y'all set monthly goals or yearly resolutions? Have you been sticking to them?  I'd love to hear about it!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Have you liked my Facebook page yet? Please do!
This post originally appeared on Not So Average Momma on Fredericksburg Parent.net

No comments:

Post a Comment