Wednesday, February 19, 2014

FBP: Resolved (February)

This year I resolved to creating monthly goals rather than yearly resolutions in hopes that I will stick to them and create better habits.  This month's goal was to go on a date with my husband- just my husband! This is a big thing for the two of us because we were always used to taking the boys with us when we went out.  The first time that Tyler and I went out without Everett was when I was pregnant with Nolan and we actually went to a Fredericksburg Family Birth Circle meeting! Now, we are able to get away every once in a while with just Nolan in tow but since Nolan was born we haven't taken the time to go out without our children. 
We received a gift card to Old Towne Steak and Seafood for Christmas and this past weekend we were happy to put it to good use! I called about a month ahead and made our reservation, then all we had to do was wait for the day to roll around. Well, the days have this funny habit of coming faster and faster and before we knew it, our date night was here! The boys were very excited about us going out because Rae Rae and Pig Paw (my parents) were coming over to babysit. 
Ty_and_I.jpg
When we got to the restaurant we were seated right away which made me happy that I called ahead and made the reservation! Tyler and I were seated and continued our conversation that we had started in the car.  Throughout the evening we were able to freely talk without having to break to pick up someone, change a diaper, play cars, etc.  We have been together since 2004 and even after almost ten years we can still talk all through the night! I am so thankful that we took the time to go out on a date, even though we LOVE our kids it is really nice to take the time to reconnect with each other.  When we got home the kids were quite excited to see us and we were excited to see them as well! Everett told us all about what he did while we were gone and Nolan was especially happy to see me so he could nurse. 
Have you ever taken time to go out with your spouse?  Do you think that it is something that should be a priority for couples? This is something that Tyler and I would like to start doing on a monthly basis, even if it is just to grab some ice cream at Carl's.  
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Have you liked my Facebook page yet? Please do! 
This post originally appeared on Not So Average Momma on Fredericksburg Parent.net

No comments:

Post a Comment