Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Around the Nest: Pantry Organization

$1 each at the dollar store! Score!
I have mentioned before that I have OCD and you know since I am pregnant and all nesting has definitely set in so the other day when I walked into my pantry and saw how terribly unorganized, cluttered, junky, and messy it was I decided it was time to get to work!  I went to the dollar store and got a few bins to organize some of the loose items and headed in.  Tyler was nice enough to entertain Everett so I was able to knock it out in one evening! 

I had a few "goals" in mind: 
  • Items that we use frequently needed to be easily accessible  
  • Items that we do not use frequently need to be put up higher
  • Items that were similar should be grouped together (laundry items, games, canned goods, breakfast items, etc.) 
  • Items in front of the shelves should be put away, relocated, or thrown away. 

Before
After (Notice my little helper!)
Before: Above the washer/dryer
After: Above the washer/dryer
Before: Pantry area
After: Pantry area
So... what do you think? Does it seem like I made any improvements?  Have you been organizing anything around your house? 

1 comment: