Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nap Time Craft Time: Bow Picture Frame

As promised an easy "Nap Time Craft Time" activity.  So easy you can complete this project during nap time! This project can also most likely be completed with items you already have at home! Simple, cute, and free?! I know, awesome right! 

Let me start by apologizing for the picture quality! It was a spur of the moment idea and my camera was in the room with the napping baby!  Now on to the craft! 

I watch little Miss Lillian a couple days a week. When her daddy drops her off she is always looking super cute but... well let's just say he isn't a hair stylist! So I decided to grab a pack of bows from Target (my favorite place) to keep at our house for her. So then I got to thinking about all those cute bow holder thingys that I always see all over Pinterest and various craft blogs so I thought that I should come up with something. So here we are!  Check it out! 

Here's what you'll need: 
  • 1 picture frame
  • Scrap fabric (enough to cover the glass)
  • A few ribbons
  • Painters tape (or hot glue)
  • Scissors

First lay the fabric out and place the glass or cardboard from your picture frame on top of it. Cut the fabric with about 1" around the perimeter of the glass/cardboard. 
Next tape or hot glue down the fabric.  I suggest doing both of the sides first and then the two ends.  Make sure to wrap the fabric nice and tightly. 
Now you can tape the ribbon on.  I did mine at an angle but you can also do them up and down or left to right, or both! 
Here's what the front looked like before I put it in the frame.
And here's the finished product! It turned out pretty cute (if I do say so myself!)
I used painters tape so that if I wanted to use the frame later in life I could just disassemble the whole thing but you can definitely use hot glue as well! 

5 comments:

  1. Ummm, sweetie, you have a little boy.
    You're making hair ribbon frames........

    Are you trying to tell us something???????? ;)

    (It's cute...I like it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no no! It's for a little girl that I watch! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that. I use ribbons for E's bows, but I love the idea of a frame. I could just set it out on her dresser. Cute idea! I may steal this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do! That's where this one is sitting, right on E's dresser!

      Delete