Saturday, September 8, 2012

An Announcement

You may (or may not) have noticed that I haven't posted a lot on the blog about what I do for work.  It's not that I didn't want to share it with you... I had a part-time, work from home position for a government contracting company and enjoyed the work that I was doing however my contract was only set for one year so when it ended that was it.  After that I started some part-time, work from home things here and there for my dad.  I actually really enjoy the work that I do for my dad however it is increasingly hard to put in hours because I can pretty much only work while Everett is asleep.  If he is awake it is pretty much impossible because he likes to be with me and doing what I am doing all the time!    

So after much thought, prayer, and deliberation about what my working future holds Tyler and I have decided that our best option would be for me to start an "at home day care."  I love working with children and already watch little Miss Lilly a few days a week so I am looking for 1-2 more full time kiddos. Although it may end up being a combination of full time and part time kiddos.  

I am really excited about being "self-employed" and being able to stay home with Everett.  I am also excited about having him be able to interact with kids around his age on a daily basis.  I think that this will be good for him because he loves to play! 

Here's what my "add" on Facebook says: 

Looking for two kiddos (ages 12-36 months) to add to my at home day care- Thompson's Tots located at (omitted) around middle of October. If you are interested, please feel free to private message me or email me at ThompsonsTots@gmail.com for more details. Thanks!

I am not sure how this will effect my blogging, I do plan to at least continue blogging on Mondays, Wednesdays (Mouth Watering Wednesday), and Fridays (Nifty Thritfy Friday/Nap Time Craft Time).  As I mentioned in this post, I do plan on continuing to post Letters to Everett post and a Currently post.  I also plan on posting Daily Happenings a few times a month as well. 

So what do y'all think about my new endeavor? 

No comments:

Post a Comment