Welcome to Mouth Watering Wednesday! Spice up your life and try a new recipe! This week I am sharing a recipe for an egg casserole that I made this past week for Tyler to take to work every day. (For another easy to take egg breakfast recipe check out this post!)
So here's what you'll need:
- 12 eggs
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean (or other) breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Italian seasonings (to taste)
Here's what you'll do:
- First take your onion and your breakfast sausage and get them browning up in a skillet.
- While your meat is cooking get all your eggs cracked open and into a big bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, to include the onion and breakfast sausage mixture (once you've drained it and it has cooled.)
- Grease or butter up your baking dish and poor in your mixture.
- Stick 'er in the oven for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees. I suggest stirring the casserole around 20 minutes to get anything that is stuck to the sides already! Also, make sure to test it by sticking a fork or tooth pick in the middle of it!
There you have it folks! It's a pretty easy breakfast to take on the go- just slice it up and take it with you!
Other modifications you can make:
- Add additional veggies
- Give it a Mexican flare- use a can of green chilies or Rotel
- Use bacon instead of sausage
Enjoy! Of course, if you make it leave me a comment and let me know how it went!