Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Mothers Love

The love that I have for Everett is so big, so great, and so vast that I literally can not explain it.  I love him more than I have ever loved anyone or anything.  I love him so much it hurts sometimes!  It is amazing to me to know that is how my mother loves me and until I was blessed with my own child, I would never have known that in a million years.  I would never have been able to guess just how much a mothers love could be or how deep it could be.   This love continues to grow and will continue to get stronger as we get older. It will help us through his childhood, his teen years, and his adulthood.  I know times will be hard and I know that there will be times where I think "are you really doing that/saying that/acting this way?" but we will make it through. To me, Everett is perfect in every way.  He can do no wrong, and when he does something "bad" or "wrong" I love him through it because he is mine and the love I have for him is able to overlook any negative. 

So where am I going with all of this? Well, today I went to a women's Christmas brunch at my church and had a fabulous time. All of the tables looked lovely, the food was delicious, the fellowship was great, and the message was fantastic.  Susan Wanderer, our minister to children spoke and delivered a message about Mary's surrender to God's plan for her.  She spoke about how Elizabeth comforted her and urged her to believe in God's plan for her.  While Susan was speaking about Mary she was talking about how great God's love was for her and how much He believed in her that He would chose her to carry and birth the Messiah. When Susan said that, my first thought was to Everett. God loves me so much that He chose me to be Everett's mom and to take it one step further, God loves me the way MORE than I could ever love Everett. He loves me more than I can even fathom.  Wow. That is amazing.  Thank you Susan for helping to remind me of this, it is such a blessing to have a Heavenly Father who loves me for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment