Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Currently: 12/19/12

Reading: I am currently reading A Heart Like His by Beth Moore.  This book is all about King David and his love for God.  This is the first Beth Moore book that I have read and I am really enjoying it so far.  
Photo found here
"A Heart Like His looks at the bond of mutual love and admiration between a man who was not unlike any of us and the one true God who is all good and all powerful. Beth Moore walks us through an exploration of David's incredible life, drawing spiritual insights from a man who boldly fulfilled his divine destiny not merely by what he did, but who he loved and served. Bringing lessons from David's life to bear on your own, this picture of a man who loved and followed God will help you to serve with a heart focused on Him no matter the circumstance."

Praying About: After the Newtown, Connecticut tragedy I have really been thinking about the future of our family and the way that we will continue to grow.  It is so sad and disappointing to me that we live in a world that is full of so much hatred and vile and I can't imagine bringing more children into this world.  I know that sounds sad and depressing and  I am SO so thankful for Everett and baby "Flubber" that is on the way but I do not want to purposefully bring another child into this world after baby Flubber is born.   Tyler and I do plan on bringing more children into our family through foster care and adoption.  There are SO many kids that are already in this world who don't have the love and support that they deserve and we are really hoping that we can help to bring some love and kindness into the world. 

Looking Forward To:  Meeting baby Flubber! I can't believe that I am already 18 weeks into this pregnancy!  This is really, seriously going by so fast and I feel like I have so much "work" to do before s/he makes his/her appearance!  I have been working with the Thompson Tot's kiddos lately with using our manners, not climbing on the furniture, listening, etc in order to have them more prepared when the baby comes.  I want to work with Everett a little more on using our "inside voice" and gentle hands.  

I can't wait to hold this baby and get to know him/her.  I know that Everett is going to be a great big brother and I am quite excited to see their bond grow.  For more baby updates, click here

Listening To: The Twelve Days of Christmas CD by Mickey Mouse and friends! Sorry for the crappy quality picture, apparently it is an almost non-existent CD these days.  I guess CD's are on the way out!  One of my favorite Christmas traditions is listening to this CD and hanging the ornaments on the tree!  For more fun traditions come back on Friday and check out my post! 
Photo found here
Planning On:  So in order to reach a goal you have to set a goal, right? So here it is, I am planning on breaking my soda addiction on January 1st!  I did this last year and I actually kept it up for a few months! I have been consuming soda on an almost daily basis due to the headaches that I have been having but I am ready to give them up because I know they are terrible for you!  So I am going to indulge these next few weeks and then I'm kicking my soda habit to the curb! Hold me to it guys! 

Anticipating: Getting to celebrate Christmas with my sweet baby Everett.  We are spending Christmas Eve with Tyler's dad, step-mom, and their families; Christmas morning and dinner will be spent with my family; and the day after Christmas we will be spending with Tyler's mom, step-dad, and their family.  It is fun being a mom during Christmas because everyone tells you what they got for your kid!  I know that Everett is going to be beyond excited when he sees his family and his presents.  We want Christmas to be more about giving then getting but since he is so little we haven't quite figured out how to get that message across. Thoughts anyone?
-----------------------------------------------
For more Currently posts, click here!  Thanks again to Danielle for the original inspiration for these posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment