Saturday, June 30, 2012

Two Attached

Unless you have been living under a rock somewhere you have probably seen the Time article that came out about a month ago featuring a mom on the cover nursing her three year old son.
Photo found Here
I am happy that Time decided to cover Attachment Parenting (AP) however, like most other people who practice AP will tell you, this cover does not portray the average AP lifestyle. I think that Time did a great job of catching readers attention and then quickly made mothers/fathers/guardians feel like they were not doing the best for their kids if they are not practicing AP.
A response to Time's question "Are you mom enough?"
Before Everett was born there were a few things that I knew I wanted to do, for example I knew I wanted to breastfeed him and I knew that I wanted to be with him as much as possible.  I didn't expect to really change a whole lot after Everett was born but as soon as that little boy was here I would never be the same.
NYC breast feeding advertisement 
"Milks favorite cookie."
Pretty clever
I definitely did not expect that I would breastfeed Everett past twelve months or co-sleep or wear him every where but there was something deep down inside of me that made all of those things feel so natural. 
Benefits of extended breast feeding
I love boobies!
I have never been one to "go by the book" and I usually have a pretty relaxed and laid back outlook on life and I think that this has also crossed into my parenting. I try not to get caught up on what percentile Everett is in or if he is keeping up or passing his peers. I just let Everett be Everett and the rest will fall into place.
I would love this bed!
I love baby snuggles.

For another post on my thoughts on motherhood, check out this post.

For more information about attachment parenting visit the Dr. Sears website, the Kelly Mom website, and the Attachment Parenting website

No comments:

Post a Comment