Sunday, August 19, 2012

Car Seat Woes: Update

A few months ago I posted about Everett's issues with the car seat.. he pretty much hated being in it all the time.  It was such a struggle to go anywhere because he was always upset when he was in the car.  

I knew that I didn't want to turn his car seat forward facing just yet but I just couldn't bare to make Everett ride in that car seat unless it was absolutely necessary. I started doing some research and thought that maybe we should try a tv.  I know, I know you aren't supposed to let your kiddo watch tv until they are two years old but I figured it was worth a try.

My parents generously gave Mr. Everett a dvd player for the car and we quickly set it up.  Wow. Seriously he is content in the car if that thing is on!  I try to put mostly educational type videos on while he is in the car so that at least he is "learning" while he is watching.  

For the most part he is a happy camper. If he is tired I have learned that I need to turn off the dvd player and he will usually fall right asleep. 

So there you have it folks! :) 

2 comments:

  1. My mom told me long ago (well the last 2 years, but it feels like a long time ago). "You come to a point where you have to throw 'guidelines' out and do what you gotta do. I am looking forward to the day when my 4 month old stops screaming in the car- she has done it since she was 2 weeks old.

    ReplyDelete