I wanted to make something that I could snack on that is easy and can be out and available throughout the day... not something that I have to heat up, cook, etc. I started looking around online for recipes for something that was paleo friendly and delicious. I found a few for chewy type bars but none that I thought I would like so I got to work in the kitchen and came up with a "granola" type consistency rather than a bar. It is DELICIOUS! I love it and it is definitely going to be a staple in our house.
- 1.5 cups of nuts (I used almonds, peanuts, and pecans)
- 0.5 cups of unsweetened coconut shreds
- 2 cups of dried fruit (I used Sunsweet Berry Blend)
- 2 tbs of MCT oil (you can sub this or leave it out)
- Pulse the nuts in a food processor, I left it in a "chunky" consistency
- Remove nuts and set aside in a mixing bowl
- Pulse the fruit in the food processor
- Add fruit, coconut shreds, and MCT oil to the nuts and mix (you will probably want to use your hands)
- "Crumble" into a storage container and store at room temperature
That's it! Super easy, super delicious, and super good for you!