Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chewy "Granola"

I wanted to make something that I could snack on that is easy and can be out and available throughout the day... not something that I have to heat up, cook, etc. I started looking around online for recipes for something that was paleo friendly and delicious.  I found a few for chewy type bars but none that I thought I would like so I got to work in the kitchen and came up with a "granola" type consistency rather than a bar. It is DELICIOUS! I love it and it is definitely going to be a staple in our house.

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cups of nuts (I used almonds, peanuts, and pecans)
  • 0.5 cups of unsweetened coconut shreds
  • 2 cups of dried fruit (I used Sunsweet Berry Blend)
  • 2 tbs of MCT oil (you can sub this or leave it out)

  1. Pulse the nuts in a food processor, I left it in a "chunky" consistency
  2. Remove nuts and set aside in a mixing bowl
  3. Pulse the fruit in the food processor
  4. Add fruit, coconut shreds, and MCT oil to the nuts and mix (you will probably want to use your hands)
  5. "Crumble" into a storage container and store at room temperature


That's it! Super easy, super delicious, and super good for you! 

Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Definitely going to try this recipe - thanks! I've been gorging on the one below (might need to sub GF options for some ingredients)

    1 c Oats
    1 c Rice Crispys
    1/3 c Honey
    1/4 c Peanut or Almond Butter
    2T Butter
    Splash Vanilla

    Melt wet over low - add to dry - refrigerate to setup. Add Chocolate, Fruit, or Nuts and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that does sound delish! Maybe I could sub the oats and rice crispys with some kind of nuts or something! :) Thanks for sharing!

      Delete