Sunday, April 15, 2012

Love and Tattoos

Yesterday was a fun-filled day! I had my second session with the wonderful Greg Howell at Jack Brown's Tattoo Revival in Fredericksburg, Virginia.  I have been working on my half sleeve and I was so excited to meet up with Greg for my appointment.  

Can you tell I am excited?
Greg knew I was headed to the NOH8 Photo Shoot in Richmond, Virginia after my appointment so he finished up the shading- at my next session we will start color!!  It is so amazing how my tattoo went from a pretty sweet outline to looking so real!  I can not say more wonderful things about Greg and the guys at Jack Brown's Tattoo Revival, it's always a fun time when I am there! 

Greg was dressed up for "Snazzy Saturdays" at the Tattoo Shop

Here's a few pictures of the final (for now) product: 
A few roses, a gardenia, cardinal, lily, hummingbird, and cherry blossoms 
Lilacs and a rose
Hydrangea, gardenia, and cherry blossoms

The second half of the day was spent with Tyler, Everett, Rebecca (my sister), Jonathan (my brother), Sara (Tyler's stepmom/my MIL), Marley (Tyler's sister/my SIL), and Chris (Sara's friend and my new bff).  We all met up after my tattoo appointment and headed down to Richmond to take part in the NOH8 Campaign Photo Shoot. 

(Left to Right) Sara, Marley, Chris, Me, Tyler, Rebecca, Everett, and Jonathan
"The NOH8 Campaign is a charitable organization whose mission is to promote marriage, gender and human equality through education, advocacy, social media, and visual protest."  -NOH8 Campaign Mission Statement

I first heard about the NOH8 Campaign in 20o9 and in February 2010 I took my first NOH8 picture at their first (ever) East Coast photo shoot in New York City. 
NYC February 2010
The NOH8 Campaign came to Washington, DC in the fall of 2010, however, at the time I was in the first trimester of my pregnancy and was miserable so I didn't make it.  I did make it the next time they came to Washington, DC though which was in May 2011 (right after the birth of our little baby boy!).  Everett became the youngest "NOH8'er" at 7 days old!


Washington, DC May 2011
The third time I took a NOH8 picture was in September of 2011 in North Carolina.  Everett and I drove down to visit Teresa (Tyler's mom) to hit up the NOH8 Campaign along the way! Everyone LOVED Everett (who doesn't?!) and he was definitely cheesin' it up for Adam!


Durham, NC September 2011
Durham, NC September 2011
I always enjoy seeing Jeff Parshley and Adam Bouska (the co-founders of the NOH8 Campaign) when I am at a photo shoot.  It amazes me that they remember me every time! :)  

Jeff Parshley and Everett
We all had a blast at the photo shoot in Richmond and I can't wait to see how all of our pictures come out! Adam does some brilliant work and I know that they are going to be BEAUTIFUL, as always! 

Here's a few "sneak peek" photos to hold you over till the edited photos are out! Enjoy! 

The beautiful Sara posing for her photo!
Sara and Marley with Adam Bouska
Chris and Everett waiting in line to take pictures!
Peace, love, and NOH8

No comments:

Post a Comment