Friday, November 1, 2013

Thirty Days of Thankful: Day One

I am jumping on the bandwagon here and participating in the Thirty Days of Thankful again this year!  (Checkout my Month of Thanks posts from last year here.)  Feel free to post a comment below each day with what you are thankful for or post a link to your own Thirty Days of Thankful! 

Day One
I am thankful for the love of Jesus Christ.  I was very fortunate to be raised in a God-fearing home where we were taught about God and Jesus from a young age.  Growing up I took for granted the gifts and blessings that I had.  I didn't truly understand how much the Lord loves each and every one of us until I had my own children.  The fact that God sent his holy and perfect son to die on a cross so that we might be able to approach his thrown and have an intimate relationship with him is unfathomable to my brain.  His love for us is so great and he truly wants us to be in a relationship with him every day.  It is a daily challenge of mine to make time to study his word and have conversation with him but I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment