Monday, May 21, 2012

Bathroom Updates

Sorry for my "cheat" post last night- we had a busy day!  I've updated it with a video of E! Go check it out! 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tyler and I have been making some small home improvements this weekend. The first on the list was clearing out the storage room which was being over run with baby stuff!  While we were going through the storage room I remembered that we still needed some artwork for the bathroom so I thought I would look through what we already had. I came across a window that my favorite teacher and mentor from high school painted and thought that, although it's not "beachy" it would look great in the bathroom.
Painting by Lisa Cover-Tucci
Once I Tyler had that up on the wall I had him hang an old tin sign that I picked up at Goodwill for $4.95 a few years ago.  Steal! 
Sorry for the glare! It's the best pic I could get!
The two go really nicely together and although they aren't really in the "theme" of the bathroom I think that they help to make it look more finished.  Also they were FREE- as in I had previously purchased them so I didn't have to buy or make any artwork for the bathroom! Score! 
I love the new look! 

My good friend Tiphany (you can see her in this post) was kind enough to give me a huge lot of beach things which included about a dozen beautiful conch shells.  I used one of those on the back of the "john" and it really helped to tie the pinks in the artwork in.  

Ta-da!

The bathroom is becoming one of my favorite rooms in the house! Haha. So here is what is left on our bathroom to-do list: 

  • Shower curtain
  • Second rug 
  • Artwork
  • Counter top accessories
  • Toothbrush holder
  • Soap dispenser
  • Trash can


What updates are you making to your home? 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm so glad you enjoy that painting, The window is from my Great Grandmother's farm house in Spotsylvania Virginia, it's one of the few remaining pieces of her house, Knowing it's on the wall in one of my favorite student's (who I am proud to now call FRIEND) homes, being loved and cared for makes me overjoyed :) Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I didn't know it was from her house! That makes it even more special! I love it so much- every time I walk in there and see it hanging up I smile! :) Love you mucho!

      Delete