Thursday, May 10, 2012

Peach, Carrot, and Flaxseed Smoothie

This evening E decided he wasn't very interested in eating his dinner which consisted of peaches, carrots, and hot dogs so I decided to get creative.  I figured that if I made him a smoothie I could turn it into something that he would actually consume rather than feed to the dog.  (Side note: this is his new favorite thing to do, he will hold his hand out over the side of the high chair and wait for Mowgli to come stand on his hind legs and take it from him, then E erupts in laughter!


So before you say "Ewww gross!"  This smoothie actually tasted pretty delish and mostly like peaches.  Carrots naturally have a sweet flavor to them which helped and I didn't want E to just get a bunch of sugar from the peaches.  I also tossed in some ground flaxseed because it is GREAT stuff and you can't even taste it!  Read more about flaxseed here!


Here's what you'll need (for an Everett sized portion): 
5 (or more) steamed and chopped baby carrots
5 peach slices
5 tablespoons of yogurt (Just use what you have on hand)
1 teaspoon of ground flax seed
Once you have all the ingredients throw them all into a blender, I have the baby bullet (which I love) and blend until the peaches and carrots have been completely incorporated. The consistency you are looking for is thinner than yogurt but thicker than water. If yours is too thick you can add more yogurt  if it's too thin try adding more peaches or carrots. 

Pre-blend. . .
Post-blend!
I use the bottle below for E's smoothies however I removed the valve from the lid so that he can drink it more easily.  
No valve!
Ready to go. . .
So I crossed my fingers and hoped that Everett would like it. . .
Testing the waters
OH YA!
He LOVED it! Seriously, I am not saying that just because I am blogging about it (and because I took pictures as I made it) but he drank it in record time.  I think that this will be one of our staples around this place.  

Let me know if you try it and if you make any changes! :) 

1 comment: