Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Over the river and through the woods. . .

. . . to grandmother's house we go!  Or that should say really say to Great Great Grandma's house we go! This week Everett and I are taking a little vacation to visit his Great Great Grandma in Delaware! (Tyler has to work so he is in charge of the home front this week! Eeek!

Monday morning. . . 

The plan was to leave our house around 11am when Everett started to get tired and was ready for a nap. Well, instead of waking up at 9am like he normally does he decided to wake up when daddy got up to get ready for work! Although it was earlier than I usually like to wake up it was nice to be able to make Tyler breakfast and see him before he went to work.  

I let Everett play around the house while I finished packing up, my dad graciously loaded up the rest bags into the car, and Everett and I were on the road by 8:45am!

If you've been following my blog for a while you probably know that Everett HATES the car seat, so needless to say I was very worried about this trip. Boy, was I surprised when Everett fell asleep before we even made it out of the neighborhood! So I kept expecting him to wake up and kept wondering how long it was going to take for him to have a melt down but it never came! He slept until 11:15am! WHAT? It was awesome! 

After he woke up and started getting fussy I found a place to pull over and get E out, nurse him, and let him "stretch his legs."  He was happy to get out of the car seat and was in a great mood. I turned on Barney (insert sarcastic yay!) for him to watch and got back on the road (thanks again for letting me borrow the DVD player Gina!)  He was happy for the majority of the rest of the trip.  

Overall it was actually a pretty relaxing drive and we made it safe and sound! Grandma is excited for us to be here and we even made it out to the beach already! Stay tuned for pictures tomorrow! But for now, it's time to relax! 
TWIZZLERS!
Mowgli got to come!
Passed out from running around at the beach!
Not sure why he's passed out, he didn't go to the beach. 
 Life is good at the beach! 

2 comments:

  1. awww what cute pics! i used to be able to keep Ari busy in the car by giving her a mirror. Now its the DVD player and we play Yo gabba gabba. Both kids are amazed by all the colors haha

    ReplyDelete